When people think of garment steamer, they think of noisy turbines and cumbersome attachments. But wait, garment steamers aren’t that complicated! You can find garment steamers that fit snugly into your hand and get the job done.
Competition is fierce in the best mid-price range clothes steamer section of the market, but there’s a clear favorite. It is also one of the best garment steamers out there. Yes, we’re talking about the amazing J-2000, Jiffy Garment Steamer with Plastic Steam Head.
Jiffy makes some of the most highly regarded commercial garment steamer, but this beauty has everything to outperform a number of commercial and personal clothing steamers. Of course, Jiffy is well known as the industry leader in garment steaming technology. In fact, it is the largest steam technology manufacturer and perhaps the oldest as well.
With Jiffy garment steamer, you would simply love the way wrinkles are eased out of your clothes – aaaahhhh the feeling when you see the ‘freshness’ you’ve restored. Now you can throw your hateful bulky iron into the trash and get the best of both worlds – a heavy-duty iron and an excellent steamer.
Professional garment steaming results don’t have to come at ‘pro’ prices. If you talk about J-2000, it is one of the finest Jiffy’s creations. Each unit is carefully crafted in their Tennessee Factory and has the strength, power, features and durability to handle your toughest steaming tasks.
- The powerful 1,300 watts, 120V* machine delivers deep penetrating, high velocity steam thanks to the six inch wide plastic head.
- The heating element has a build-up time of about two minutes. Made of solid brass, the heating element is durable and long lasting.
- High quality plastic outer housing can withstand impact
- Clear plastic water tank ensures 90 minutes of uninterrupted high velocity steam
- The tank completely fills up with ¾-gallon water. The removable water tank comes equipped with a non-drip valve system. You can easily secure the tank into base of the steamer and move it around as desired.
- The sturdy aluminum rod included with the steamer can be used for hanging garments.
- The brass fitting that connects the plastic hose to the tank is highly durable and corrosion resistant.
- The base of the steamer is only 17 inches high which means you can easily store your garment steamer in a closet and even behind the door
- J-2000 is compact and thanks to the easy to roll casters, you can move your favorite garment steamer into any location you like
- The plastic head prevents scorches and burns to the fabric
- Jiffy steamer has a built-in automatic safety feature which turns off the steamer when the plastic head gets dry
- The long and flexible 5.5 feet hose gives you enough convenience and room to work
- The product is backed by 3 year warranty (only material and manufacturing defects)
- J-2000 weighs 16.8 lbs and measures 10 in x 15 in x 64 in. Product carton weighs around 18 lbs.
120V machine is designed for use in North America Only.
What Others Say
The Jiffy J-2000 garment steamer is perfect for all fabrics from the most delicate sheer silk to the toughest wool. If you’re looking for something that does a good job of removing wrinkles from your clothes and common household items such as drapes and table linen, this is the product you need to buy. The best thing about Jiffy J-2000 is that it can press clothes even if they are hanged in the closet.
Customers say that the steamer performs like a jet engine. Even the toughest wrinkles disappear within seconds and the fabric feels soft and fresh. Most users simply love how the steamer works great for upholstery and drapes.
For best results, give your garments a few seconds to breathe after steaming. Note that the steamer will give you wrinkle free clothes, however if you need crisp fabric, this steamer probably is not for you.
Wait there’s more. Jiffy J-2000 users like how the powerful steamer removes wrinkles in record time. The steam takes less than 2 minutes to build-up and you can carry the steamer to any location you want. Not only users were able to save a lot of time, but also there’s no hassle of dragging the iron board around.
Some users love how easily Jiffy steamer can be stored in the closet. The aluminum wand is ideal for hanging clothes and the long flexible hose means there’s less stress on your shoulders, arms and neck. Overall, customers are impressed with high-quality construction material, compact steamer design, long steam duration as well as quickest steam build-up.
The only complaint however was the hose. It can get hot at times. Another slight problem is the lack of extendable hanger for clothes. There’s only a small loop at the top end of the aluminum wand.
This Jiffy steamer can easily outperform other mid-price range garment steamers. You can get a number of products for about $160, but none of them can match the power and performance of J-2000. This garment steamer is available for about $160 at Amazon.com and includes free shipping. The product ships directly from Amazon in an easy to open packaging. Your purchase is backed by 3-year warranty.
Jiffy products are customer favorites for a very good reason and J-2000 is at the top of its niche. The appearance is simple yet modern. But don’t be deceived by its simple looks. This garment steamer delivers powerful performance much better than its prettier competitors.
You get 1,300 watts of power, steam is formed in two minutes and ¾-gallon tank is good enough to provide continuous steam for about 90 minutes. The steamer won’t scorch or damage your fabrics and is perfect for the most delicate sheer silk.
Remember the keyword here is value. For around $160, the J-2000 garment steamer represents excellent value for money and you can benefit from your investment for many years to come.